- Last Updated: 26 November 2015
28-29 May 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The 5th International Conference on Financial Criminology (ICFC 2013) serves as a continuation of the previous conferences held respectively at Putrajaya (2011), and Kuala Lumpur (2010). This conference continues to provide a platform to assist educators, practitioners and students to develop their skills, either academic or professional, in the fields of fraud examination and forensic accounting.
Spurred by positive feedback from past participants, the conference serves an opportunity for academicians and practitioners from various fields with inter-disciplinary interests to bridge the knowledge gap, promote scholarship, establish networking collaborations and to deliberate and share information on issues related to fraud.
ICFC 2013 invites submissions of experiences and research papers that encompass conceptual, empirical and practical analysis on issues related to the main underlying theme of “Policing Financial Crimes – Carving a Political Will / Financial Crimes – Establishing an Era of Governance”.
All papers will undergo a blind peer review and accepted papers will be published in the Refereed Conference Proceeding with ISBN. The proceedings of ICFC 2013 will be included in the Malaysian Accounting Review, ERA Journal.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
Gain insights from experienced practitioners and academicians into the latest development and challenges in investigating and seeking solutions to financial crimes.
Opportunity to present and discuss research that contributes to the sharing of new theoretical, methodological and empirical knowledge on financial crimes.
Obtain information on best practices towards effective preventive and deterrence programmes.
- Widen networking opportunities for academicians and practitioners from various fields with inter-disciplinary interests.
Authors are invited to submit abstracts or full papers describing original and unpublished research. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Forensic Accounting
- Financial Criminology
- Fraudulent Financial Reporting
- Occupational Crime and Prevention
- Risks in Financial Crime
- Corporate Risks and Corporate Governance
- Fraud Investigations and Legal Aspects
- Computer Forensics and Cyber Crimes
- Audit and Investigation of Financial Crimes
- Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing Industry Issues
- Fraud from the Islamic Perspective
- Fraud within Government Linked Companies
- Risk Management and Financial Crimes
- Criminal Justice Issues
- IT related Fraud and IT Issues
- Fraud in the Construction Industry
- Organized Trans-National Crimes
- Fraud in Public Sector Organizations
- Tax Fraud and Tax Evasion
Other interdisciplinary areas relating to the theme of the conference including any related research work.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Government officers
- Accounting and Legal Practitioners
- Forensic Accounting Specialists
- Managers of public and private institutions
- Policy makers and implementers
- Compliance officers
- (Prominent) scholars and researchers in the field of fraud, tax, audit, finance, financial reporting, public sector, government linked companies, financial criminology, money laundering and banking
|Deadline for abstract submission||31 January 2013|
|Notification of abstract acceptance||15 February 2013|
|Submission of full paper
||28 February 2013|
|Notification of acceptance
||15 March 2013|
|Registration and payment
||30 March 2013|
|Conference date||28-29 May 2013|
For more information, please visit official website http://ari.uitm.edu.my/icfc2013/