- Last Updated: 26 November 2015
Date : 21st -23rd February 2012
Venue : Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Theme : Economic Transformation Programme: The Role of Accounting Education and Profession
Jointly Organized by
We are pleased to announce that the 2nd Accounting Research & Education Conference (AREC) 2012 will be held at Universiti Teknologi MARA on 21st - 23rd February 2012.
The aim of this conference is to promote awareness on the current development in the accounting profession and practices, and facilitating continuous improvement in accounting education and research.
This conference provides a platform for accounting researchers and practitioners to disseminate information on accounting issues that can contribute to Economics Transformation Programme.
Papers submitted can include the theoretical and practical perspectives of accounting research both in the public and private sectors and in relation to the conference theme on the following areas:
- Development of accounting education and profession
- Accounting professional qualification and competency
- Performance management and control system towards efficiency
- Financial criminology and Forensic accounting for organization transformation
- Ethics and governance under social transformation
- Accounting information system
- Public sector reform, accounting change and accrual accounting
- Accountability and transparency of government, private sectors and NGOs
- Islamic financial practice (Enhancement)
- Taxation Practice and GST
Electronic submission deadline (Abstract) : 20 December 2011
Electronic submission deadline (Full Papers) : 20 January 2012
Notification of acceptance of abstract : 10 January 2012
Registration Date : 3 February 2012