- Last Updated: 26 November 2015
Date : 25 & 26 SEPTEMBER 2012
Venue : Sutera Harbour Hotel, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Theme : Re-shaping and Energizing the Public Sector
The International Public Sector (IPS) Conference 2012 is an inaugural international conference. A range of influential and international speakers from South Africa, Australia, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Switzerland and from the International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board, will be presenting at the conference. The event provides the platform for academics and practitioners to discuss and share their thoughts and deliberate on the issues. The main theme of the conference will be “Reshaping and Energizing the Public Sector”.
The main objective of the conference is to provide a platform for participants to present their research findings in public sector, to share knowledge relating to public sector and to exchange information between academics and practitioners. The conference will provide informal gathering of researchers, lecturers, students and practitioners concerned in landscaping the public sector towards excellence in public sector performance.
- To promote a culture of excellence in the public sector performance and to improve the quality and delivery of government services.
- To highlight the importance of the partnership between the public and private sectors in achieving excellence in providing services.
- To discuss some of the successful international experiences in achieving excellence in government performance.
- To enable participants to meet with their peers through different networking opportunities and share knowledge and perspectives and exchange information.
- To provide a platform for the leading industry players to share their practical experiences and discuss about key issues relating to public sector.
The IPS Conference 2012 will be jointly organized by Public Sector Accounting Research Centre (PSARC) and Financial Reporting Research Centre (FRRC) of Accounting Research Institute, UiTM and UiTM Sabah and supported by:
- Accountant General Office of Malaysia
- Auditor General Office
- Malaysian Association of Public Sector Accountants
Academics and researchers worldwide are invited to submit full-length papers to the International Public Sector (IPS) Conference 2012, for suggested topics included but not limited to:
- Performance Measurement in Public Sector
- Knowledge Management and its Role in the Development of Government Performance
- Private-Public Partnership and its Role in achieving excellence in providing services.
- Public Sector procurement issues
- E-Government and ICT in Public Administration
- Fraud in Public Sector
- Issues and challenges in Public Sector Auditing
- Governance and accountability in Public Sector
- Financial reporting in Public Sector
- Accrual accounting in Public Sector
- CSR in Public Sector
Abstract submission latest: 30 April 2012
Full paper submission latest: 31 May 2012
Paper acceptance result: 30 June 2012
Early bird registration: 31 July 2012
For further enquiry, please contact:
Assoc. Prof. Dr Nafsiah Mohamed
Assoc. Prof. Dr Roshayani Arshad